Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26th, 2014 A Wake Up Call

July 26th, 2014 A Wake Up Call

I slept very good last night. I was in bed late, yes, but wow--I slept seven and a half hours straight. I needed it badly, probably needed more! Making sleep important and managing my schedule accordingly has been my biggest challenge of late. When I apply the same priority level as I do to writing this blog and maintaining the integrity of my calorie budget/food plan/exercise schedule, that's when this whole sleep schedule/time management issue will become much less of a struggle. Until then, anything else is an excuse to enable the continued behavior. 

I make choices everyday to plan my food, to exercise, to Live-Tweet my food and exercise, to write this blog everyday, and all of these were things that not too long ago I would have considered almost impossible to commit to doing consistently. And they were, until I decided they weren't. It's a perspective thing, 100%.

Understanding the care I give my sleep/time management is just as important as the care I give everything else along this road, is paramount to my success. Most importantly, first and foremost--it's crucial in order for my body to operate efficiently. I should never put myself in the position I was in yesterday where I'm so tired, people are asking me if I'll be okay to drive. Perhaps the experience was a wake up call, so to speak.

My meal tweets today:





Thank you for reading and for your support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm retired. I still get up with hubs at 6 a.m. most mornings and see him off to work (fixing his breakfast--an English muffin, and preparing his lunch), but I don't have any work problems to keep me up late at night, so it's early to bed and early to rise around here. Your food yesterday looks delicious, especially that last steak meal. I'm headed to the store to buy some veggies to grill tonight in our grill basket, along with some shrimp. Delicious! It's like we've got our MOJO back Sean, and that is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to do all these things and struggling and I am not even working right now! But you are absolutely right, we have to make the things that are important to us a priority. 100%. It's as easy as that. Without an office routine I tend to live my days in a bit of a free fall but today I started putting together a schedule for myself, just like I would if I had a job. My healthy lifestyle and weight loss are my job now! Anyway, glad you caught up on some sleep and that steak looks really yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you have a crazy schedule sometimes and fitting everything in is tough even for the most organised of us. I find that being sleep deprived, especially when my sleep disorder acts up, impairs my judgement to such a degree that I cannot allow myself to make important decisions in that state. A sleep log keeps me accountable. Glad you are putting a priority on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a short blog. Way to go,

    I wonder how you can employ Plan, prepare and pack (the 3 P's) to work for your sleep

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.