Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 16th, 2014 No Longer On My List

August 16th, 2014 No Longer On My List

My day started earlier than my late bedtime encouraged. I was scheduled for a location broadcast at a grocery store where the special of the day was fresh roasted Hatch Chili Peppers from Hatch, New Mexico. Guess what ingredient you'll likely see in some of my dishes! I started with lunch today.

One of the effects of taking extraordinary care in preparing and enjoying my food is the excitement I feel when I think of something new or something old, made new again.  I made chili relleno bean tostados for lunch. Oh my--incredible. The flavor of the Hatch Chili was phenomenal, taking my usual bean tostados to another level. I left off the usual sour cream simply because I didn't want to diminish the flavor of the chili. With the reduced fat shredded cheddar and mozzarella, it really tasted like a chili relleno!

I decided to walk, outside in the middle of a hot August afternoon. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Actually, I was thinking it would be quicker than going to the YMCA--and it's been a while since I've visited the trail. I did a short 1.7 miles that felt like 7.1 from the heat and humidity. It was hot!! I was dripping wet.

I had a very nice evening out with some very special people. I knew the plan was to ride go-carts and have dinner at a pizza restaurant. First, the go-carts: Wow. It was an amazing experience. I really thought I would need the two seater, but no--I didn't! I was able to enjoy the go-cart in the regular size. This would not have been possible 69 pounds ago, I promise you. The experience reminded me of the freedom I felt when I first rode a roller coaster. I've driven a go-cart before. It wasn't a new experience, but the thought of, I can do this now, was powerful. When you're as big as I was not too long ago--and especially when I was at my heaviest, there's a big long list of things you simply cannot do because of your size. For me, go-carts is no longer on my list of things I can't enjoy.

The pizza restaurant took some planning. I knew they made a special gluten free thin crust pizza. The question was the sauce. Does it contain sugar? I called the restaurant earlier this afternoon and expressed how important it was to me that I know with certainty one way or the other. I spoke with two different people and finally was able to confirm the sauce was sugar free! I shared a small 10 inch veggie pizza and the calorie count was much smaller than I expected. My calorie budget was a little low this evening because I drastically overestimated how many calories I needed to spend on the pizza. It made some room in my budget for something I rarely enjoy...

Wine! I'm not a drinker really, at all. I will occasionally enjoy a small amount. And by occasionally, I think my last was a couple of years ago. I allowed two measured 4 ounce servings, 98 cal each. It wasn't bad, it was a good year. Isn't that what wine drinkers say? A good year? :)

I had a wonderful time this evening. I'm feeling very good about some developments in my personal life and it has me trying to decide what is appropriate to share and what I want to keep private. I've learned many tough lessons over the last six years of this blog--and one of them involves what's appropriate to share--and what's good to keep private and personal. This is first a weight loss blog--but really, it's about so much more--it's about freedom and living, it's about life. So yeah--perhaps I'll share a little more in the coming days about this development, because it's certainly about life. And it's good.

My food Tweets today:
















Thank you for reading and for your support!
Strength,
Sean

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm...way to get my curiosity peaked!!!!!! I read personal life...heart pumped a little faster, then BOOM - disappointment. Nothing. You weren't sharing anything past that. Ha ha! I get it - it's your blog and it's good to learn from past mistakes.

    I am still always excited and amazed when I fit into seats, or don't break chairs! I understand the feeling of freedom and physical comfort and it feels far better than a gallon of chocolate peanut butter ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops! After reading your comment DivaD, I think I thought I read something in this post that wasn't there to read. So embarrassing. I took my comment down. sigh. I need to stop reading so fast...

      Deb

      Delete
    2. Deb--I hadn't replied yet!! Nope--no engagement!!!! ;) No worries!! Thank you Deb for your support!

      Delete
    3. Yeah--Divad-- Sorry for the build up and then let down! LOL I plan on writing about it tomorrow night. Too late and too tired tonight to write all I have to write --and in a way that feels appropriate to me--and respectful and considerate to others.

      Delete
    4. And Divad--isn't that feeling amazing??? I agree 100%--the feeling of fitting in where we once couldn't far outweighs the temporary pleasure of any food I've ever eaten. :)

      Delete
  3. It's your blog, share what you are comfortable with and what your loved ones and friends are comfortable with :) Sounds like lots of good things are happening in many aspects of your life. Very glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki! Yes indeed--lots of good things! You hit the nail on the head-- I want to write what I feel good about sharing and what is respectful and considerate of people close to me. This daily diary has gone VERY personal--and anyone who has read the complete archives knows just how much... I have a new awareness these days--and a better perspective. It will help me write that post tomorrow night.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.