Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17th, 2014 A Confirming Balance

August 17th, 2014 A Confirming Balance

My blog post last night alluded to something I wasn't quite sure how to approach. I'm probably making it a bigger deal than it needs to be at this time, considering one reader read into it to the point of congratulating me on my engagement!! I laughed big and seriously, to that reader-- no worries, my friend. Honest mistake! No, no engagement. But I am now officially and exclusively dating someone. Why the apprehension and why is this important for me to write about?

If you're a regular reader or someone who has read every post along the way (a few have, I think), all 900 and something of them, then you're well aware of how open I've been in the past. Too much so for my own good at times! The thing I must remember is, even though this is very much a daily diary--I still must be respectful and considerate of the people close to me and not infringe on their privacy as I recount the elements that make up this sometimes very personal journey. I also know that dating is a big thing for me and the elements of my transformation. How I feel about myself contributes heavily in this direction. Tomorrow night I plan on elaborating more on this subject because I feel like it's an important one to explore.

Today was excellent. I feel absolutely wonderful these days. It's truly not exclusively because I'm losing weight--it's a lot of things combining for this to happen. It's my regular exercise, it's the food I'm eating, it's the support system I'm making important, it's the accountability I take very seriously and several other things. It's a balance I'm looking for--a balance that confirms I can take extraordinary care of me daily and not be so intensely focused that I lose sight of important people and things in my life.

I had dinner with my daughter Amber and her boyfriend KL tonight. We decided to have a nacho dinner. Yes--nachos! With my food scale ready to go, I step by step built an amazing plate of nachos that worked for me. I used a surprisingly affordable bag of organic white corn tortilla chips and a bunch of other really good ingredients.

After dinner we three visited and discussed things and we laughed, laughed so good--like, "therapeutic good." If laughter is good medicine, we're thoroughly medicated. It was a pleasure.

My food tweets today:










I fell short on my calorie budget today. I must watch and be careful to not make it a habit. Thank you for reading and your continued support.
Strength,
Sean

18 comments:

  1. Ha! I was close! :D I got the right vibes, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your vibes were correct, just a way ahead of reality! You must have skimmed Saturday night's post--noticed the celebratory wine--and BINGO! :)

      Delete
  2. friends are the last to know! And to read it on your blog, no less. Only kidding. You deserve someone special in your life, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Gerri--I thought I had mentioned it casually! :) Thank you so much Gerri. She is a really good person. And we're moving super sloooooow and smart. It's a very different approach for me, I'll tell you!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been able to see your food pics in the last two blogs...any idea why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, as soon as posted that comment, the pics appeared! Sorry.

      Delete
    2. No worries, Sue! I was going to say--next time it is blank, try refreshing your page. It's often something that has to do with your internet connectivity speed. Take care and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. Deciding what to share on a blog can be a tough decision. And for me that includes sharing information about what I eat, how I'm exercising, etc. I write the blog for me and sometimes I just don't want people giving me their input on whatever I'm talking about - yet - that's exactly what blogging is. I think I've actually become more reserved the longer I've blogged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be very tough. I haven't practiced the best judgement in the past. I've learned quite a bit though--for sure. I know you have too!

      Delete
  5. Sean, I have been a faithful reader of your blog after about a year in and have gone back and read every entry. You never fail to inspire, even if it's just your honesty. I understand how delicate the balancing act can be. You seem to have the right priorities on how to approach it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, I sincerely appreciate your readership and continued support. You've been through it all, so you know exactly what I'm writing about here! Thank you for those kind words, Claire. You're so wonderful.
      I've learned enough to take a better approach..may not be anywhere close to perfect--but it will be a better approach.

      Delete
  6. Be happy in your new relationship and share as much or as little as you two are comfortable with. Glad you had a good time with your daughter and her boyfriend. I agree that a good laugh is always soothing. Your food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LTR! Good laughter does amazing things. Loving my food! :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats Sean. Slow and steady is best in relationships AND weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The start of relationships are an exciting and vulnerable place to be. Enjoy and have fun opening your heart to your special someone! Congrats on "going steady", if people still say that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting and vulnerable--well said. "Going steady," I like that. I would say that.

      Delete
  9. Just now getting to read last night's entry. Very pleased for you, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.