Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 9th, 2014 Relax Day

August 9th, 2014 Relax Day

This entire week has been amazing on so many levels. I took it easy today. I picked it to be my off day on the exercise schedule. I had a location broadcast from the big New Balance event at a shoe store. I dropped by the studio afterward to finish up some production duties then I headed home to prepare an amazing lunch! It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a pita pizza and since yesterday was a "no cheese" day, I decided to make today a good cheese day!

I had a nice evening, complete with a home grilled meal, good movie and great conversation. I tried grilled peaches and grilled avocado!! Please try this if you like avocado--it's amazing. The grilling alters the flavor of the avocado in a wonderful way. Simply cut an avocado in half, leaving the peel on, then turn it upside down on a hot grill until it's hot and soft, then scoop it out whole and enjoy!

Even though I worked some today, it was certainly a "relax day." A relax day doesn't mean I relaxed my resolve to take extraordinary care, it just means I slowed down today and was perfectly okay with the shift in speed. This relax day reminds me to keep this post short and get in bed!

My food Tweets today:








I plan on spending some time tomorrow with one or both of my daughters and my grandson Noah as we travel to Stillwater to visit and dine with mom.

Thank you for reading and your support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. I have never heard of grilling peaches and avocado. That sounds really delicious. Thanks for the cooking idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't tried it either! I was a guest--and the host had the idea--and it was incredible. It magnified the flavor of the peach--and the avocado flavor changed with the heat--enhancing it...as if a good avocado needed enhancing, right? It was awesome flavor! I will do that again soon!!

      Delete
  2. Great to hear you enjoyed your relax day. Your food looks amazing. I love peaches and avocados, but haven't had them grilled. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LTR! Grilled turned out to be really good. Today will be a wonderful day... Headed out to workout soon--then off to pick up Noah and head for my hometown! Have a great day too!!

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! that pizza lunch looks amazing. I am such a food picture junkie :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you appreciated the pic, Karla!! The pita pizzas are so good and incredibly low calorie--I can do one for a snack, a couple for a meal-- and with all the taste and pleasure of pizza, without the loads of calories, sugar and other stuff. It's nice!

      Delete
  4. I love grilled fruit! Pineapple is also amazing. I've had baked avocado but not grilled. Something I must put on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must try some grilled pineapple! I was amazed at how the grilled avocado's flavor changed--didn't use any butter or other fats on it, but it brought out a smooth buttery flavor, different than raw. Amazing!

      Delete
  5. Another great food day, and I'm so glad you had some time to slow down.

    You sound like such an involved son and involved dad... I love that. I wish my ex-husband had made more of an effort to stay close to our daughter, or even just ask her out for dinner with her from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, finding a balance and making good communication a priority isn't always easy and it's never perfect, but it is important for good relationships. I've come a long way and I'm still learning, always will.
      It was an exceptional food day. I enjoyed it--and enjoyed the relaxed feel. It was very good. Thank you!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.