Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5th, 2014 It's Okay. It's One Day.

September 5th, 2014 It's Okay. It's One Day.

**Edited and Revised Saturday morning September 6th.**

Today was one of those very busy Friday's, where my personal agenda was equally as busy as my work schedule.
Heather made the trip to my place to meet my daughters and enjoy dinner! The evening couldn't have gone better.  
I find myself in a very rare situation. I'm tired beyond my ability to keep my eyes open. The internet is down, I'm using Heather's iPad to compose this quick post.
I can't figure out how to get the food tweets on here using the iPad, so I'll wait and add them tomorrow morning when the internet is hopefully back up.

The internet down last night created some serious anxiety for me. It was a circumstance beyond my control, so I must allow myself some give. This daily blogging schedule is something I look forward to because it's truly a joy for me to write and express myself. Giving  it less than the best, even when it couldn't be helped, last night, was hard. It felt good to lay down and get some good rest, but I couldn't help but feel a slight awkwardness--like a part of me wasn't complete. It would likely do me well to get over myself in this regard! Seriously--it's one day. Yes, I love to elaborate and explore, I love going deep. I also love having fun here too--but it isn't necessary every single night. Sometimes a quick sentence or two and tweets will suffice. Giving it a try last night was forced by circumstance. It was good, because I'm not sure I would have given it a try had it not.

It's actually Saturday morning as I write this. I've already worked out today and I'm preparing to head toward Stillwater for the Oklahoma State football home opener.

My Tweets:












Thank you for reading,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. Totally understandable about the short post! I was late reading yesterday's post, and wanted to let you know how much I respected you for not only refusing to engage in an immature exchange of temper, but also for tuning into yourself so well afterward, and taking that nap. Very wise, and probably helpfully soothing!

    The mug you have... it's from Hallmark. They have stores or you can buy them online. If my budget weren't so tight, I'd buy you the rest of the set and send them to you! They have "All You Need is Love," and "It's Been a Hard Day's Night," and "I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends," all of which apply to you. There is a fifth one that says, "I Am the Walrus," but that does not apply to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, thank you for the research on the mugs!! Coo coo koo a choo! :) I'll be headed into my local Hallmark store today or tomorrow! Thank you for the kudos...I was very proud how I handled that situation!! Your support is so wonderful, Becky!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I do a mini-freak out when the internet is down. I try to smack myself upside dah head over that. LOL Don't worry about shortened posts...or even posts slightly 'off topic' (take my 'Scandal' today, for example.) We who love you, love the whole you, not just the dieting part of you. And if you are too busy to post, that makes me smile because it means you are living a busy life, which is good. :)

    enjoy your weekend with Heather! Glad the dinner meeting went so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen, so much!! I sincerely appreciate you. I'm having a wonderful weekend. So good!! Hope yours is good!

      Delete
  3. sometimes God does for us what we can't do for ourselves. You probably needed some sleep, Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "let it be" mug. I must get one for myself. I must. Those who know me, know why. sigh.

    Hoping the game is great fun for you. My dad was a jock and I pretty much grew up on a ball field. (Baseball in the summer, football in the fall.) I shall enjoy the game vicariously thru you today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mug is easily my fav. I'll be shopping for more, soon!
      The time with Heather was awesome. The game--I suppose that was happening too--- LOL.... It was fun!!

      Delete
  5. Seems like it was Mexican fiesta all day! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.