Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18th, 2015 Parallel To One Another

January 18th, 2015 Parallel To One Another

Taking time to take care is a running theme around these pages. It can be a challenge if you're not the best time manager. And I'm not. But I do what I can today with an eye on how I can make today better. Maybe what I can do isn't all I can do after all! 

I'm certainly branching out lately, with my weight training start and yoga schedule. And with each of these things I'm widening my definition of 'what I can do.' I'm doing it while keeping the fundamental elements running consistently.

I'm feeling well. I made a point to reach out to loved ones today. This included making a trip after my workout to visit and have dinner with my mom.

Staying connected requires life in the foreground, fundamentals of my continued recovery in the background. Those two streams of being shouldn't intersect or switch places. If they do, that's when some serious struggle can quickly become a thing. Keeping those streams running parallel to one another, in harmony, has been and continues to be key for me during this entire turnaround.

My Tweets Today:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

7 comments:

  1. I always appreciate that you keep on keeping on! I am miles behind you, but slowly becoming healthier. Thanks for leading the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, Thank you so much for your continued support! We're all at different places along this road. Keep coming! :)

      Delete
  2. "Maybe what I can do isn't all I can do after all!"

    I can't remember the exact phrase, but there is a saying out there to the effect that, "So many times in life, we complete things that were beyond our ability when we started them." You're giving 100% to your efforts right now, but that 100% isn't a static quantity; it can grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janis, thank you. I believe that, too. I seem to be proving it to myself each and every day. It's an exciting exploration outside of my perceived boundaries. With a slow and steady approach, I'm not sure there are any boundaries, really.
      I appreciate you, Janis.

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to when my food and exercise are able to move to the background and just be foundation. Since I'm still so new to all of it, it's very much foreground for me.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.