Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th, 2015 The Difference Between Consistency and Chaos

January 5th, 2015 The Difference Between Consistency and Chaos

It felt good to get back into the groove today. Getting out of sync can quickly create irrational fears within me. It's certainly an area I need to further analyze and understand, because life happens--out of sync can happen. I suppose the determining factor for necessary concern is if the interruption is intentional or circumstantial. In the case of last week, it was certainly circumstantial.

It's critically important to differentiate between the two and quickly, because the negative emotions born from an improper perspective have potential to turn choices negatively intentional, fast. It didn't come to this for me last week because I reached out for support, directly with support buddies--and indirectly through writing in this blog.

The most interesting elements along this road to me, are the psychological/mental/emotional parts. These have the ability to swing in both directions depending on how they're used. It makes the difference between consistency and chaos. The food and exercise plans are fundamentals for success, but in my opinion aren't necessarily the most critical elements. Make no mistake, learning the importance of your personal boundaries (like my abstinence from sugar) quickly become monumental difference makers. In my opinion, the parts between our ears determine our trajectory, every time. This is why many of us can experience incredible success doing different plans, or 'what works for us,' and still find so much in common along the way.

The greatest challenge is a matter of faith. Believing in yourself enough to ignite that certain something within you that says, "I'm doing this. I don't have all the answers, I don't know how necessarily, but I'm doing it and I'll figure it out what works for me along the way." That takes big faith and courage.

This is especially difficult for anyone who must have all the answers before they start. Some of the smartest people I know have the hardest time getting started. I personally know of a doctor who is well over 400 pounds. A doctor! I use this, not in a judgmental way, but simply as an example to illustrate how it's not about intelligence. It's about simplifying your elements, your fundamentals--setting up some kind of support and accountability system and most importantly, keeping an open mind along the way. Incredibly intelligent people sometimes have a hard time simplifying. If you're struggling, is it a compliment to your intelligence? It could be! Keep it simple, my friend.

Weigh day is in two days. Once again, I have no predictions or slightest ideas of what the scale will show me for this past three weeks effort, but whatever it is, it'll be okay. I'll be okay. Because what I'm doing isn't a means to an end, it's how I'm choosing to live my life.

Make it enjoyable and it'll be rewarding in the most joyful ways.

My Tweets Today:






















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. "... what I'm doing isn't a means to an end, it's how I'm choosing to live my life."

    I think that statement is the key to weight loss maintenance--and life in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Deb, It truly is a very important perspective!

      Delete
  2. I like your food choices Sean, 1500-2000 range, kinda where I should be. Getting with it with the water, gotta get the cardio in sync..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those three fundamentals, Matt--can do great things for you!! I'm doing my best to make sure I enjoy both--the food and the exercise. So far, I do--and it's working well. I'm in your corner!

      Delete
  3. I have always been the kind to want all the answers before I start in order to assess my odds at success. I agree with you that it is in some ways harder to get started when you're wired that way regardless of intelligence. However,as you said, this is not a means to an end but a way if life. Thanks for sharing those words,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not a bad thing to analyze and study--looking at something from all angles before we commit...In many ways it's super smart. But, in my opinion, this is one of the ways where it's best to just do...and allow yourself to find your grooves along the way. You can always adjust your approach in order to find your sweet spot. You're very welcome, Alati. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I've always been that guy that needs to have all the answers. I told my wife on Sunday that I felt really nervous about this year because I've made a committment to improve my health, but I really don't know how I'm going to get there. I think as long as I stay committed everything will work itself out, but that's a hard pill for me to swallow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FogDog, the first time I read your blog, I knew you were extremely intelligent. Your admission about needing the answers, isn't a surprise to me. You gotta know, you're capable of incredible things--You know this for certain. You're right--you're going to get there---and it's okay to not know all the variables going in. If I look back and read from the fist days of this blog--it's like taking a time machine for me---and I'm reading, thinking--oh man...he's in for so much more than he thinks at this point...I can't change it or warn "old Sean" about what's ahead...I just have to allow the course to naturally evolve. It will for you, too. And you'll be successful along the way.
      I'm always in your corner, FD.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Sean. I must be the smartest person on earth.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alati-- You made me smile big. Thank you! It's not a bad thing. :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.